Tuesday, January 12, 2010

nothing to fear...

but fear itself...

What is it about fear that really gets to us?? I mean all the way down to our bones? Fear is something that is contagious and deadly. It consumes us and takes over every ounce of courage. Fear is a powerful thing, but if you can learn to catch it and manifest it into something else then you can do anything that you set your mind to.

I say this because fear is what caused me to almost pass up a great opportunity. Every time I get into something that is new, I always manage to become pessimistic about the situation, find one thing that bothers me- turn the mole hill into a mountain and then run for the nearest exit. But the good thing this time is I had to face someone that would tell me exactly like it is with no sugar coating. Having this 'come to Jesus', made me realize how often I actually run out on new things just out of plain old fear. I guess sometimes we all need that little reality check in order to make us get it in gear. So for that- and you know who you are- I thank you. Best friends are definitely God's way of giving us that extra shove when we need it most.

Now that I have crossed that bridge that I feared most, I am finally at ease. What do you do after you've gotten everything that you have ever prayed for? The power of prayer is remarkable. It has always been said that, "He may not answer when you call, but he is always on time," SO TRUE. So where do we go from here? Who knows, but this time around FEAR is not an option.
ConverseLuv





Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves,
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

No comments:

Post a Comment