Thursday, January 14, 2010

all may be lost...

...but not forgotten.

I have been contemplating whether or not to discuss the tragedy that has occurred in Haiti. After sleeping on it, and discussing it with friends, I feel it needs to be addressed.

For those who have been living under a rock for the past couple days, Haiti has been hit by an earthquake. I will not produce facts or details of the situation- for that you need to do your own research. Instead I will should discuss my feelings on the matter.

First and foremost, I extend my prayers and condolences to the people of Haiti. There is nothing that I can say that will ease the pain these people must be facing right now. I can not imagine the feeling of not knowing if your loved ones are alive or having lost everything. When something like this happens it makes me take a step back and reflect of my life. We all take the simple things in life for granted. Just this past week I got into a tiff with my father over something stupid. Looking back now I feel obnoxious to know that I let something so small and minute build into anger. There are people who have lost everything they have ever had including family that they cannot get back, and I am taking things for granted. I have got to learn to choose my battles and cherish the things that matter most.
With this tragedy comes great sadness and despair, but also hope.

Hope for the safety of family, our brothers and sisters;
Hope for the opportunity to rebuild and for regrowth;
Hope for the chance to come together for a greater cause; and
Hope to make things right this time around unlike tragedies in the past.

In times like these, we need hope and our faith to get us through. It is amazing to see people coming together during this time to offer all types of support. I've seen support as large as countries coming together- and as small as children offering up lunch money for the cause. Every little bit helps, so I ask all my followers, (all two of you lol), to please give something. Even if it is $5, every contribution can make a difference. As a disclaimer, please donate to an organization that you have heard of, and also ask how much of the proceeds actually go to the cause. It would be a shame for your donations to go in vain. Together we can make a difference.
ConverseLuv

Footprints in the Sand
"One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed
footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other
times were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord, " You promised me Lord that if I followed you, you would
walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying
periods of my life, there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me ?"
The Lord replied, " The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."

No comments:

Post a Comment