Monday, August 27, 2012

with this ring... i thee wed

The symbol of eternal love that you will give your partner on your wedding day. The ring that he or she will wear on their left hand for the rest of their life. So choosing the right ring is no pressure right?
Lyndon and I chose our rings a couple months ago but we finally paid them off and picked them up this past Saturday! Being as compulsive as I am, I decided to use the spare time to get some wedding things done. Lyndon does part time security at a high end jewelry store, and it just so happens to be the place he got my engagement ring, so there was no question on where we would shop for our bands.
Traditionally, couples would choose matching bands, like my parents, aunts, uncles and even grandparents did. I knew I wanted something that matched my engagement ring, and Lyndon would want something that is simple and classic. We decided to go with different bands, but we would engrave the inside with our initials and our wedding date.

We decided that white gold was the way to go. My engagement ring is a 1.06 ct. round solitaire with 22 small diamonds as side accents on the band. I ended up choosing a custom design that has 26 matching diamonds. Lyndon chose a palladium ring that looks like brushed silver. His ring completely matches his style- simple yet classy.

Something that we learned was choosing a ring earlier, gives you enough time to pay it off, and even shop for sales. There are always sales going on so keep on the look out and do not settle! Remember you will wear this ring forever, so why not go with what you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment